Friday, November 15, 2013

My Front Porch Reflections

One of my favorite places to be is on my front porch.  From my comfy chair, I watch the world go by without being a part of it.  Observing the beauty of God's creation, changing each day as the seasons come and go.  It is a balmy, fall day.   My panoramic view of the sky displays many shades of blue as it awaits the glorious painting of the sunset as evening  quickly draws near.  As I look out my windows, I see the trees almost bare of their autumn glory.  The field corn is being harvested across the road and the birds are flocking together in the treetops.  This has always been a sad time of year for me as I prefer the new life of spring and the heat and busyness of summer.  Once again, I am forced indoors to the comfort of a soft blanket and a hot cup of tea, slowing the pace I'm so used to keeping.   But for now, I am enjoying the last few rays of warmth from the sun, listening to the tinkling of wind chimes dangling in the breeze, reflecting on the summer days gone by.  Until we meet again, my front porch...

No comments:

Post a Comment