Saturday, April 12, 2014

So long......but not Silent!

I do believe that Spring has finally arrived here in New York!  Winter seemed to have a tight grasp on our region and also, our dispositions as we seemed to have to grip harder to hold down our need for brighter, warmer weather.   In that grip, I think it squelched my ability to keep up with my blog.  Certainly not because my creative brain was frozen!  I have been very busy writing, creating and continuing on my journey that God has planned for me.  I have been so blessed and also a tiny bit overwhelmed and tired from all of my activities of the last month.  One of my ministries that God has blessed me to be a part of is our Women's Ministry at my church.  We have just been privileged to host our annual Retreat with the most women than we have had in the past 10 years.  Weeks of brainstorming and planning with the women's ministry team was enjoyed by all who came.   We give God the glory for every moment of it.  From the theme,  "Sisterchicks", to the facility, a beautiful huge lake home and every part of the music, decorations, gifts and for giving me the words to share during our "special speaker" time.  I was so grateful and blessed to have this opportunity to share God's truth of the importance of having a "Sisterchick" friendship with another women.  God has blessed my life with so many special friends and it's not because I am anyone special.  It's more about what God has done for me through His grace, mercy and unconditional love that I have learned to love, laugh and enjoy the blessings of others in my life.  I may share what I spoke on sometime here on my blog.  God is so incredibly amazing with the wisdom He has put in His Word that I haven't even seen before.  But , for today, I am just checking in to let my readers know that I have not gone.  I have not been silent in my month long absence.  I have been busy, tired and waiting for the weather to inspire me to get out of my chair after my work day, to get my body moving to better this temple God has given to me and to reign my thoughts and time into the routine of writing on a regular basis again.  I have much swirling around to write and do with my blog.  In God's time, it will come and when it comes, you will see what has been swirling in the cyber space of my mind.  I have to laugh at the "new" technology of putting things in "clouds" to store.  It's not new!  God designed our brains to do just that, to store things in there until it is time to bring them down and put them into formed words and actions.  I'm glad it's that easy for God to do this because I am technically challenged and can't figure out how to get things in or out of the "cloud"!   With that thought, I will get moving!  It is Saturday and my week-long neglected housework is calling my name...and I think it may be "Procrastinator"!  Blessings for this glorious, sunny, Spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment