Thursday, September 25, 2014

God Says I Can Eat What? TFW

I have been encouraged by a friend to post my writings for our weight-loss support group, The Faithful Weigh. I always felt that I had to tweak them before I could post them but have not found the time to do that.  However, with her encouragement, I will just repost into my blog the words that God gives me to share with our group. I will include in my title, TFW, for these post.  I pray that they will encourage the hearts that read them here, too.

Happy Friday, Faithful Weigher's!  If you were at our meetings on Tuesday or have read the handout online,  for me, it was refreshing to see from God's Word what we CAN eat and do instead of what we CAN'T eat and do!  Who knew?  GOD!  He knows because He created us and every "internal cue" that our bodies give us and we are "cueless" to what their purposes are!  :)  Gluttony  was an "ouchy" topic for me to dig into.  I don't know about you but my first response to this was that I'm not a glutton because I am not obese, nor do I eat everything in sight.  Well, Dr. Rita shot that thought right out of my thinking for I am guilty, even to this day, without even knowing that I was. I continually, eat in excess beyond the needs of my body, just plainly because I want to!  Eating beyond the internal cue I must have had and ignored, until I was ready to plop in my chair until my massive stomachache let up.   Did you ever think of that as gluttony?   The Living Bible described gluttons in Titus 1:12 as "lazy and living only to satisfy their stomachs."   Plus, who knew that "excess" means, as defined in the Webster Dictionary, "exceeding proper established limits."  Wow!  Did Mr. Webster know God's perfect and amazing design of our bodies and how He created us to know when we need to nourish our bodies and when we have had enough to sustain us?    I don't know about you but this was such affirmation to me that my God is an awesome and amazing God and from the beginning of time, He made me perfect in His sight with "proper established limits".   My sin nature has covered up, so to speak, His perfect design by buying into so many of the world's lies about my image and also how to soothe my emotions through the indulgence of food and pleasure.  After all, "I'm worth it", right?  When I stopped and thought about how I have thought that this fulfilled my worth, I have been going down a path of destruction.   If I have been trying to define my worth by the worlds standards I would have ended up where many have and will end up.  Fat and unhappy!  I am thanking God for the path of His provision in my life that has brought me to this place.  The diets I have done, the "wisdom" I had believed in, the success and failures I have endured, were only allowed by Him to teach me what He had already had given to me.  Isn't it just like God to be so patient and faithful to those that He loves so much?  Are you enjoying the freedom that is right here for us in these truths we are learning?  If you feel the need to dig into something to try to fulfill some unknown need, dig into His Word!  It is so rich and full and will bring you more peace and joy than any chocolate chip or whatever your comfort food could ever do.  Blessings, my Sweet Faithful Weigh Friends.    

No comments:

Post a Comment