Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tempted? Tired and Hungry? Cadbury Mini Eggs? TFW

Happy Wednesday, Faithful Weigher's. Our meetings yesterday were so uplifting and encouraging to perseveres on this path that God is walking with us on.  We have been talking about temptations and satan's lies around us.  Well, for those of you who read the Daily Bread, today's verse is Matthew 4:1-10. It states," ..the tempter came to Him, (Jesus) when he was tired and hungry."  Hmmmm....this is right where I have been these past few days.  In this state of mind and body, "escapes" around us look so good to us, don't they?  My most recent example is this happened yesterday. I am feeling very tired and worn from not being able to sleep a good, solid nights sleep for over a week.  I was hungry because it was already after 1:00 pm and I realized that I had not even had a protein bar for breakfast and it was past my "normal "eat when I'm hungry" time which is usually about 11:30ish.  Well, I was in Aldi's grabbing a few needed grocery items when in the midst of the boxes in the last row, hardly visable to the scanning eye, I saw that they had bigger bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs.  You know, the little milk chocolate eggs with a hard shell.  Well, they hopped their way into my cart!  Ohhh, they would taste real good with my afternoon coffee.  And the did!  I was rebuked by my friend when I said I "sinned" when I bought them. Yes, she is right. It was not a sin to buy Cadbury Mini Eggs.  It was not a sin for me to eat them with my afternoon coffee, knowing that it was part of my "fist full" of food that I needed to nourish me.  However, I realized this morning after reading these verses in the Matthew and the comments in the Daily Bread that when I was tired and hungry, I zeroed in on that purple bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs!  Hmmm... satan tempted Jesus with bread.  He tempts me with Cadbury Mini Eggs!  The truth is that he is still in the business of tempting us when we are tired and hungry!!  We still need to be responding to him as Jesus did!  He spoke God's words back to him.  May be encouraged by this today, as we seek the Lord for what we need today and trust Him to supply those needs and not that which tempts us to satisfy us for a moment.  Wow!  I think I got it, Lord, for today, that is.  I will continue to trust You for my needs for tomorrow.  Blessings on this Wednesday, my sweet Faithful Weigh Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment