Sunday, May 18, 2014

Seeking His Son to shine.....

I am seeking the Lord this morning to fill me with His spirit to overflowing. To be filled with His grace, mercy and  love.  To be strengthened by His message of Hope of my forever life with Him in heaven.  This world and all that goes on in it is but a vapor in His eyes….but to us, it can feel like an uncertain eternity.  The common sayings we often hear and speak such as "Life goes on.." and "It is what it is" are really words of giving up our control and understanding of the circumstances we are facing in our lives at any given moment.  This is how I am feeling this morning.   Drained from this past week of emotions, a hectic pace, work and home responsibilities that only seem to grow instead of getting whittled down, little by little.  The devastation and loss of the flooding in my hometown, Penn Yan, and the quickly failing health of my soon to be 82 year old mother-in-law, and the care she needs.  The other  more "normal" things in my life that God has blessed me with that I am struggling to keep up with.  My family, the workload at my job, the ministries God has given me  and keeping up with my home.  Not  to mention planning the golf tourney in memory of my sons.  I must give to my God the fact that all of these matters are in His hands.  For it truly is what it is because God has allowed it to be so.  Therefore, life does go on...and  I will be strengthened to rise on the wings of eagles as I take each step forward, doing what He has created me to do for His glory.  "One day at a time, sweet Jesus" the old familiar words from a hymn ring in my ears and heart.  I will be filled by His spirit to overflowing with His amazing goodness and strength because He has promised to do this for me and He is steadfast and faithful.  May His Son shine in your life today, too. Blessings to you this Lord's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment