Monday, December 2, 2013

Thankful for a Monday? YES!

Monday's are a day of mixed emotions.  The most common emotion would be "Blue's or Blah's"!  Or it could bring the emotion of anticipation!  What will this new week bring?  For me, today, Monday, is a fresh start.  A re-commitment to my healthy-eating and exercise journey.  What a blessed and thankful Thanksgiving I enjoyed with my family.  Although our gathering was "small" this year with a mere 22 for dinner, the food and the fun was plentiful.   My motto of "A little dab will do you" proved to be useful….except for the "little dabs" were grazed on for several hours from rising early to put the turkey's in the oven until falling asleep in my recliner that evening with a turkey cutout cookie on my side table;  half eaten!!   So, I look forward to this new week, starting with today, Monday!   Today, I will seek first the kingdom of my Lord to receive His grace and mercy on my shortcomings of overeating.  I give to Him my desire to the discipline of waiting until I am hungry to eat instead of just putting stuff into my mouth without even noticing.  Asking for His help to work past those sugar and carb cravings that are being pushed to the surface from the intake of too many sweets.  With God's strength and power that He has given to me to overcome where I cannot do it on my own, I welcome His presence into my Monday.  Yes, I am thankful for a Monday!  The day of fresh starts or re-starts!  God is good!  Even on a Monday!  Blessings for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment