Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wake up!! Morning "Groggies" Antics

Ok, so….  I have to share some of the absent-mindedness that may have led me to write my last blog.  I have taken to getting up pretty early to spend "coffee hour" with my hubby before he has to get ready to head out to work.  When I say early, it's usually about 5 am.  Well yesterday, I went out for my cup of coffee,  took a red mug out of the cupboard and filled it with coffee.  My hubby came out with his favorite green mug and refilled it.  I reached for my Peppermint Mocha creamer and preceded to pour it into the green mug.  My hubby stands there with this strange look on his face and I looked at him thinking, "What is his problem?"  He finally said…"Umm, that is my cup!"  He does NOT use my fancy creamers but has his honey and half and half!  I couldn't stop chuckling at myself but he didn't think it was all that entertaining!    Well, the morning groggies were not any better this morning.  This time he mentioned that his coffee didn't taste that good and he must have done something wrong making it.  I felt bad for him because there is nothing worse than your first sip of coffee to taste bad!  I, being the loving wife that I try to be, went out and dumped it, put a new filter in, poured the water into the maker and stood there and waited the 3 minute for the Bunn to brew a fresh pot of wonderful , tasting coffee.  When I looked to see if it was done yet, the water was clear!!  "What is wrong with our coffee maker?"  I said.  When I investigated…..um...I forgot to put coffee into the filter!   Oh my!  I once again, couldn't stop chuckling at my early morning groggies but he, once again, didn't seem so amused.  Perhaps my hubby's "coffee hour" may be a bit better if I was still sleeping!  Nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment