Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Peace Requires Action on this Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve, my Blogger Friends!  This awesome verse was in Jesus Calling this morning. Colossians 3:15, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful."  This reinforces yesterday's thoughts on peace.  My "yesterday" needed this, too!  The "Let" is an action word which means that we need to do something.  It meant to me yesterday that peace wasn't going to just automatically rule my heart when my gas tank light came on as I was on a strict time schedule to get to a doctor's appointment in Rochester.  I needed to invite God into that situation and "LET" His peace rule my heart and mind.  He did because He is faithful!  The next thing in that verse is that we are commanded, as a member of the body of Christ, to bring peace and be peaceful.  This is not an option but we need to be reminded of this so often.  The last part is not an afterthought but one of the most important parts of peace and again, action is required.  Be thankful...thankful for the very gift that God sent to us that we can even be able to allow the peace of Christ rule our hearts. That we can be a member of the body of Christ and that we can even bring our hearts full of thanksgiving to an almighty and loving God.  Wow!  So much in this verse for us to hold onto today and forever!  Blessings as you seek His amazing peace this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment