Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome 2014....????!!!!

Happy 2014 to all!  A new year always brings a bag of mixed emotions for me.  Yes, it is happy and full of thankfulness and expectations, but it is also sad because we are forced to leave behind another year that separates us from the presence of my boys and my mom.  So, it is with all of this, I welcomed in the New Year.  As I have written before, it is the anticipation of these annual events that are the worst to get through.  As the clock struck midnight, the hoopla on TV welcomed the infamous ball drop, which you could barely see way above the skyscrapers of NYC, I texted my wishes and love to my 2 kids and wished my friend and step-daughter a Happy New Year.  A far cry from the huge farm parties we enjoyed for so many years growing up, but thankful to be here, healthy and strong, welcoming another year.   Within 3 minutes past 12, my cell phone rang.  My daughter was in tears, telling me that she just got engaged!!  I immediate said, "What?  Are  you kidding me?"  Then she sobbed that she had gotten a ring and it was so beautiful!! Then I knew I was hearing what I was hearing and the happiness and joy for my daughter and her fiancé filled my soul!  What happy tears I cried for them!!  2014 is going to be a year of change for all of us.  A change for the better.  A change filled with hope, excitement and commitment.   I have seen pictures of my daughter's beautiful smile  with her face filled with happiness and pictures of her beautiful  ring but I have yet to see it all with my own eyes!  I can't wait!  Today may just be the day that I might be dazzled by the sparkles…..in her eyes and in her diamond!    So many hopes, dreams and plans for the future of this new family.    I am so thankful for a God who is so faithful.  For a God that does not allow us to stay in our fluctuating emotions but gives us a foundation of joy and peace in Him.   Yes, welcome 2014!   Let the changes along with new commitments begin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment