Thursday, January 23, 2014

You know those long nights......

There are just some nights that seem to go on forever.  Last night was one of those for me.  You go to bed so tired that you can't think straight and the minute your head hits the pillow...well, after you get warmed up and cozy, your brain starts whirling.  You repeat all the work you've done that day, over and over again. Sometimes this is a good thing when you think of something important that you somehow forgot to do.  Other times it's just plain annoying, especially when you were just so glad the day was over!  Many nights, in my waking hours, God brings awesome thoughts to mind and I can't wait to get up and write them down....but I don't...I lay there whirling them around so I won't forget them.  Other times, when the days work continues to go around and around, I will start to "sing" a praise song or an old hymn, in my head, to keep my mind focused on something else than work or problems.  Well, that was where I was last night.  Singing away in my head until all of a sudden I realized that I started to sing a verse OUTLOUD!  I stopped the minute I realized what I did...so perhaps I was half-sleeping.  I looked at my hubby to see if he heard me. He didn't move but when I mentioned it to him this morning he said he did remember it!  So, I guess when you are singing in your head, you'd best put some tape over your mouth!  Especially if someone else is enjoying the beauty of a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment